MetroWorks: Landscaping Services Coordinator
In conjunction with our social enterprise renovation company (Full Circle Renovators) and Common Roots Urban Farm we are seeking a full-time or part-time Landscape Services Coordinator.
This role will provide landscaping services to business clients in the Halifax/ Dartmouth Metro area. We have partnered with a large investment property company and will be working closely with their staff to implement new plans to improve the curb appeal around apartment buildings.
As immediate needs are met there will be an emphasis on removing grass and naturalizing landscapes using native plants.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide the technical expertise, on-site leadership and coordination for property improvements around established apartment buildings.
Working closely with the landscape architect, remove old garden beds and rebuild with new planting and landscape plans.
Prune and remove dead plants from landscape.
Naturalize landscapes using native plants. Work with landscape architect to implement approved plans.
Test soil and add amendments as needed to improve soil and ensure good plant health.
Work closely with MetroWorks by engaging with participants in employment training programs.
Provide on-site training and supervision to participants in employment programs.
- Knowledge and experience with horticultural practices
- Knowledge and experience working with perennials and native plants
- Willingness to work outdoors
- Basic carpentry skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines under limited time constraints
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to lead effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Practices a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) Gmail & GDrive
- Industry certifications would be an asset
- Valid Drivers license.
Please apply via email to email@example.com